The second oldest continuously operated business in Londonderry Township is the Bond Funeral Home established by James Tidrick in 1898. The Eastern Ohio Mutual Insurance Company pre-dates the funeral home by three years.
In the early 1930's, Scott Bond, nephew of Sally Bond Tidrick, joined his Uncle Jim in the Business. Scott Bond, married to Marguerite Patterson, moved from an adjacent log house to the funeral home in 1938 after Jim's death. In October 1939, the log house caught fire and burned along with the house on the east and then the funeral home to the west. The Bonds moved to the home across the street where Marguerite's parents were living and established the Funeral Home, where it remains today.
The funeral home was extensively remodeled in the late 1940's and in 1996. Scott Bond died in 1958 and Marguerite and family continued the business. Marlene Bond, a daughter, was licensed as a Funeral Director in 1978, and is presently managing the business. It is rather remarkable that a business has operated for 100 years with only James Tidrick, Scott, Marguerite and Marlene Bond in controL
Since 1898 the Bond Funeral Home has continued the tradition of "Our Family Serving Your Family."